Current PhD Students
- Nasimeh Heydaribeni
- Xupeng Wei
Current MS Students
Current Undergraduate Students
Graduated PhD students
- Abhinav Sinha. Ph.D. thesis title: Mechanism Design with Allocative, Informational and Learning constraints, (graduated Sep 2017, now with Uber, SF).
- Deepanshu Vasal. Ph.D. thesis title: Dynamic decision problems with cooperative and strategic agents and asymmetric information, (graduated May 2016, now PosDoc at UT-Austin).
- Jung Hyun Bae. Ph.D. thesis title: Capacity-achieving schemes for finite state channels,
(graduated May 2011, now with Samsung Information Systems America, San Diego, CA).
- Ali Nazari (co-advised with Sandeep Pradhan). Ph.D. thesis title: Error exponent for discrete memoryless multiple-access channels, (graduated May 2011, now with J.P. Morgan, quantitative research group, New York, NY).
- Kaiann Fu. Ph.D. thesis title: Finite-Length and Asymptotic Analysis and Design of LDPC Codes for Deep Space and Fading Channels, (graduated August 2007).
- Chun-Hao Hsu. Ph.D. thesis title: Design and Analysis of Capacity-Achieving Codes and Optimal Receivers with Low Complexity, (graduated December 2006, now with Qualcomm, San Jose, CA).
- Shih-Yu Chang (co-advised with Wayne Stark). Ph.D. thesis title: Generating Function Analysis of Wireless Networks and ARQ Systems, (graduated July 2006, now with the Computer Science Department at the National Tsing Hua University, Taiwan).
- Arvind Krishnamoorthy. Ph.D. thesis title: Code and receiver design for the non-coherent fast fading channel, (graduated December 2005, now with Motorola Inc., Schaumburg, IL).
- Lihua Weng (co-advised with Sandeep Pradhan). Ph.D. thesis title: Error exponent regions for multi-user channels, (graduated September 2005, now with MStar Semiconductor Inc., Taiwan).
- Rza Nuriyev. Ph.D. thesis title: Communication over the noncoherent channel, (graduated May 2003, now with Boston Consulting Group, Moscow).
Prior PhD Students
Prior MS Students
- Raghu Arghal
- Shashank Krishnamurthy Bhat (Developing a set of Laboratory experiments using GNURADIO
and USRPs; jointly with W. Stark), 2019
- Ibrahim Ajlan, Summer 2019
- Gautam Thakur (Developing a set of Laboratory experiments using GNURADIO and USRPs), 2018-2019
- Multidisciplinary Design Program: Anusha Joshi, Jun Luo, Xiaoran Peng, 2018
- Group consisting of Alex Yin and Gautam Thakur, GNURADIO: synchronization in CDMA systems, 2017-2018
- Group consisting of Yu Wang, Yang Xiao, 2015–2016
- Zhe Feng, 2014–2015
- Y. Chen (jointly with T .Mudge), Fall 2011-2013
- S. Sharma, Fall 2011-Summer 2012
- Group consisting of (jointly with W. Stark): Jaehyun Chang, Sheng-Yang Hung, Taewon Kim,
Sunghwan Moon, Hedieh Alavi Tamaddoni, Erh-Kang Tsao, Suhang Wang, Spring 2011-Summer 2012
- K. Sohn, 2009-2011
- Zehra Fatima Rizvi, Spring/Summer 2004
- Chia-han Lee, Fall 2002
- Subramanian Jayaram, Winter 2002
- Apurva A Turakhia, Fall 2001-Winter 2002
- Srikumar Kanajan, Fall 2001
- Rajeshwar Singh Khara, Fall 2001
- Fahd Binjawad Pirzada, Fall 2001
- Hai-Jo Tarn, Fall 1999-Winter 2000
Prior Undergraduate Students
- Ryan Faulkner
- Matthew Zhu, 2019
- Multidisciplinary Design Program: “Backyard Brains” (Cedric Bernard, Anusha Joshi (MS), Jun Luo (MS), Trevor Mckinney, Xiaoran Peng (MS), Yifan Zhang, 2018
- UROP team “Heterodox macro-economic models with sound mathematical/engineering foundations” group consisting of John Robison, Jianrong Yu, 2017-2018
- Multidisciplinary Design Program: Raghu Arghal, Weifong Chou, Matthew Price, Abhinav Reddy, Zachary Robinson, Yuan Tian, Jessica Yan, 2017
- Group consisting of: Jingyao Hu, Yier Zhang, 2017
- Group consisting of: Keyu Chen, Jianan Jiang, 2017
- Xisheng Yao, 2013
- Paul Rigge (jointly with Z. Zhang and S. Pradhan), 2012
- Frederic Sala, 2009
- Annapoorna Leela Mallepalle, 2009
- Group consisting of: Chao Yuan, Rahul Kundu, Yu Wang (jointly with W. Stark), 2009
- Brian Bagnal, Spring/Summer 2008
- Nibal Arzouni, 2007
- Brent Ditri, 2005
- Thomas Rainwater, 2005
- Stephen Gallagher, 2005
- Michael Quinn, 2005
- Wichai Pawgasame, Fall 2002/Winter 2003
- Donald Chan, Fall 2003
- Nataphone Subsin, Winter 2002
- Tufan Coskun Karalar, Spring/Summer 2002